Friday, January 11, 2013

First ride of 2013

Greetings, Internet people!

It's a new year and I'm trying to get off to a good start. I made my first bike commute of the year last Friday, my first ride since October. Yay!

Speaking of that last ride, it did not go so well. This happened:

Yep, my pedal broke off. The thread was completely stripped, so it couldn't even be fixed. I had to catch a ride home for me and my bike.

This time around, it was very cold! I was struggling with the cold and some fatigue about halfway to work when I saw this:

What a great omen. I made it to work in one piece. So did my bike.
The afternoon ride home was warmer. At first. As I got closer to home, the sun started to fade away...
I made my last big descent, which opened up to the valley, and just like that, the cold hit again! I rode without gloves to that point, but I had to stop and re-don my gloves to finish up the ride.
All in all, it was good to bike commute again. I had some muscle soreness for a few days, but I can't wait until I can ride again.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment