Saturday, July 4, 2009

Introduction: What is Bike 21?

They say you develop a habit by doing something for 21 days. This blog is about my attempt to make a habit of bike commuting. Well, obviously that means I'm gonna see if I can ride to work for 21 days and more. I'm not aiming to ride everyday, but maybe a couple times a week. Plus, my wife says I can get a new bike if I make it 21 days!

It turns out the number 21 also has some interesting trivia/meaning to it:
  • 21 is the sum of the first six integers (1+2+3+4+5+6=21)

  • 21 is a Fibonacci number

  • 21 is the legal gambling & drinking age in the United States, both great habits. Oh, wait...

  • 21 was the number worn by the great Pittsburgh Pirate Hall-of-Famer Roberto Clemente

  • It's the 21st Century

No comments:

Post a Comment